Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Unit 4 Reflection


I listened to Dachers CD and really didn’t find it difficult (as in hard to do), but I do feel like I tend to focus more on listening and less on doing. But what have done is used some of the information that was given and did it with the “noise” or “white noise.” I like to be in complete quiet. I would recommend Dacher to everyone and anyone. His book or is CD’s because of the fact it’s a great start. It’s very easy to read, isn’t talking in circles and is well explained. Mental workout is the idea or concept that you can change the way you think and are able to organize your train of thought. Through the different studies they have proven that you can benefit from the training or workout your mind. This could be being able to calm your mind to training your emotions and reaction. By being able to control your thinking you are ideally controlling the stress in your life. By limiting the amount of stress on the body, you are lowering your chances of stress illness, whether this is mental or physical health. Implementing mental workouts can be simple breathing techniques and progressing as you grow in your workouts. Mental workouts are the same as starting new exercise routines. It’s all about starting out small and working towards the end goal, overall wholeness.
Thanks,
Shauntae Barr

3 comments:

  1. Shauntae,
    I like how you put it about the exercise- it really isn't "hard" to do, but it can be challenging to listen and do at the same time. It seems as though it may be easier without the "guidance" as you are trying to do it. Perhaps after a few times, once you know how it goes, you would be able to better focus on just "doing". Maybe I would anyway. I'm glad that you figured out how to make it work for you.
    Your comparison of mental workouts to beginning a new exercise routine made a lot of sense to me also. You really do have to start small and keep working at anything that you want to learn or build.
    Best of luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shauntae, great input regarding the cd exercise. I think the more we listen to the CD and start to remembe what to do, it will get easier. I normally have allot of "noise" in my house so I tend to block out things, which can sometimes drive my husband crazy. He often wonders how I can block out the outside. I really don't know how I developed this ability or when it happened, but I love the fact that I can do it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shauntae,

    I do like the complete quiet when working on these also. Being ex-military working on a base next to the engine facility I learned to block noise. Sometimes that is good, sometimes bad. You mentioned the mental exercise is like physical exercise that we need to start small and head towards the end goal. That is so true.

    ReplyDelete