Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Revised Unit 2 Reflection

Just read more into what I was suppose to reflect on. I reflected on what I have read and started placing in my life. I would say my current rate for physical, spiritual well-being, and psychological well-being is at a 5 or so. The reason I feel this way is best I am just starting on this path and I am slowly adding more and more into my life. I feel this is is a much better state that I am in then even 2 years ago, prior to my start of reflection. I am starting to look more into the spiritual aspect of the well being. I am not a spiritual by any means. I am trying to figure out a way to figure out how you can be spiritual without dealing with a form of God. That is my current goal in the spiritual well-being search. For the physical well-being, I need to make sure I add more time into my day, to give me that relaxation, while opening myself up. Psychological well-being is more of a goal to control my emotions better. Each day as I move forward on the path I am on, get's me closer to the mind-body-spiritual well-being. I am finding I am can create and find my own relaxation techniques. People talking or sounds I do not find pleasing do not assist in my relaxation.  Like this evening I took the children out back, ran over some soccer drills and football drills. After they were done with their drills I laid there on the green grass and just stared at the clouds passing by; while taking deep breathes. This was more relaxing then what the audio file was.
Thanks again!

Shauntae

2 comments:

  1. It is completely understandable to allow yourself room for growth while achieving your desired mind-body-spirit connection. Self actualization of where you are at with each aspect is part of the journey and it sounds like you are doing just fine. The determination that you have for your path is admiring and I wish you the best with it. As for your spiritual journey, find whatever reaches that part of you and allows for internal growth and acceptance of others which will lead to the same achievement for yoourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We all had to start somewhere and I believe the book states that as we mature we take our well-being more serious (something like that) I was a rebel growing up and even pretty careless into my early 30's. I take life much more serious now and it is not because I am in my 40's. I just got to a point where I thought about myself, my children a legacy to carry on etc...
    I have learned to slow down and listen to the words of a song and not just the melody. I have a place outside of my home that I can go and find a place to readjust (we need this more than sometime). There's a bench that has been placed within a path along a hill that overlooks Lake Michigan. In the summer if I'm lucky enough I have witnessed the sun rise and on some evenings I have been fortunate enough to witness a shooting star. Moments like that take away the busyness going on in my mind and I find myself calming down. It is then that I am thankful and count my blessings. I should have been dead but I am still here. And now I work so much harder to fulfill dreams and accomplish goals so that I can leave much to be remembered. And so far the journey has been sweet. I have learned to find what helps to balance me.
    You are moving forward in your journey and it is great to see that you have noticed a change since 2 years ago. All we can do is take things slowly, introducing ourselves to what we believe gives us spiritual, physical and psychologically grounding. Do what works best for you...

    ReplyDelete