Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Unit Seven Reflection


How can you continue to apply these practices in your life to foster greater health and wellness?
I enjoyed listening to the “Meeting Asciepius” but once again the speaking throws me for a loop. Then with the changing of the voice, it breaks my focus. I still LOVE the breathing techniques and will continue to listen to the audio tracks. Maybe one day I will be able to focus more on the train or lack of train of thought then it will become easier to listen to the audio and get to the point of not breaking my focus.
Describe the saying: "One cannot lead another where one has not gone himself” (P.477) How does this apply to the health and wellness professional? Do you have an obligation to your clients to be developing your health psychologically, physically, and spiritually? Why or why not? How can you implement psychological and spiritual growth in your personal life?
This applies to the profession by having the understanding what you are trying to get other to do. You would not be able to understand the feelings or ups and downs an individual goes through if you haven’t been there yourself. I do feel we have an obligation to ourselves and society to continue on the patch of “wholeness” to better ourselves and the people we come in contact with. I feel for myself it’s more the centering. Currently I am feel like I am being pulled every which way except the way I am supposed to be going. This isn’t good for me nor the individuals around me. But I must say for once it’s not stressing me out. I am fairly calm about it. But I do need to start making my priority list again, this way everything gets done!

1 comment:

  1. I feel that the tracks will be good to use in a client's therapeutic massage. Once I get comfortable with working with a client while using vocal guided relaxation, I may make a CD of my own for use in sessions. I feel that my voice is suited for such a task. That would be advancement in the path of leading a client up the right path and develop the practitioner/ client relationship.

    ReplyDelete