· Review your unit 3 personal assessment of your psychological, physical, and spiritual well-being. Reflect on these areas . How did you score yourself on a scale from 1 to 10 in unit 3? How do you score yourself now? Has the score changed? Why or why not?
Physical I thinking I am moving forward with a 6ish. I would safely say that this point I am a fresh new look at a 1 on psychological and spiritual wellness. Reason for this is the information I have received through this course and my prior course. I feel starting at a one is the ground level and if I can create a strong baseline or strong foundation will create a stable path, whether or not I progress or have missteps. I dislike making safety nets for failure, but I feel this is the most realistic point of view to have.
· Review the goals and activities you set for yourself in each area. Have you made progress toward the goals? Explain.
I can safely say I have not made the full steps forward that I have wanted to make or that I should be at, at this point. The goals are still there and I still review them on a daily bases, but I not been able to make the time to do what I need to do at this point. Hope I hoping in the next week or so (once holiday decorating and all the holiday stuff is done) it will calm down and get additional time to practice and work on my well-being more.
· Have you implemented the activities you chose for your well-being in each of the three areas? Explain.
I am still doing the breathing techniques, but I haven’t had the time or the right mindset to start adding in the visualization yet. Physical activity is something that has increased more and more (which isn’t a bad thing), but it seems to have taken up most of my energy levels and time. At night I am working on the research for the spiritual side of this, but I must say I have been in too much of a forward fashion more of a stop dead in my tracks.
Hope you have a WONDERFUL Holiday Season and good luck on your upcoming courses!
A realistic starting point is start to a good foundation. It is easier to keep and build up on. Having the knowledge of other health/ wellness courses will help too. Bringing all the information together brings better understanding and doing of practices they may be new to you. Starting a physical regiment can make a person feel like they have no energy. I understand this as the body looking for and using that stored up energy. That takes energy itself. The body is use to using the calories found in the foods that we eat daily first and the body fat second. Keep doing what you do and growing in practices. This will adjust in time and keep you moving forward.
ReplyDeleteSometimes the best way to build a strong building is to start with rebuilding a strong foundation. If resetting is what you need to do, do it. It will only help to strengthen you in the end as you build upon a sturdier base. The progress will come, until then focus on the basics and grow from there.
ReplyDeleteJanelle R
I understand the difficulty of making the necessary time for the things desired in our lives. Physical fitness, spiritual exercises and psychological growth can start with even just a little effort within the day. Finding your quiet space, walking from a parking space instead of parking close and confirming your beliefs in nature and the world are minimal steps to human flourishing. Consistency is key though. Keep at it and it will soon become habit. Take care and good luck with your path:)
ReplyDelete